Sunday 13 September 2015

5th July 2015- Eton Dorney Supertri 2015

Swim:

I decided no to wear a wetsuit so I could have a faster transition. This was the wrong choice because I got left behind a lot on the swim. Note to self: take the wetsuit next time. As James Beckinsale says "wetsuits are your friend"

Bike:

I had to work really hard to catch even the 3rd bike pack because as soon as I jumped on my bike, I crashed into some railings. Apart from that, I worked well with the group and caught the 2nd bike pack. At the start of the 2nd lap, there was a huge crash witch I managed to avoid by a few tyre widths but we couldn't catch the 2 boys who had broken away.

Run:

The run was fast from the start. After another shocking transition, I had to chase people down from my own group before starting the hunt on the leaders. Greg Atkins had a bit of an "Iron War" moment on the run and soon caught up with 4th place. 1st place was a bit far so it was a battle for 2nd place. I gave it absolutely everything and managed to pull clear with about 50 meters left. Hardest run ever but 27 seconds behind the winner.

Results


No comments:

Post a Comment