Sunday 13 September 2015

28th June 2015- Trinity Triathlon

Swim:

It was a pool swim and I got held up a bit on the last few lengths. Otherwise happy and a good swim and had fastest time in my category.

Bike:

After a pretty good transition, I started the bike course. It was 5 laps of an out and back course which was good because you could see who you were losing or gaining on. Greg Atkins and I were inching forward back and forth on each lap and both had a similar bike split.

Run:

I knew this race would be close because I had been out on the bike course with the rest of the competitors. I ran very hard and the last 2 laps of 6 were very hard. When I finished, like I always do, I went t print off my results (after gasping for air and fighting the urge to throw up for a few minutes) and I saw that I was second place. I was pretty sure I had finished 1st because I saw all the people out on the course. It turns out I ran an extra lap! There was unfortunately nothing that could be done because it was my fault. Fortunately, I wasn't the only one who had misunderstood the instructions (which was a relief) as lots of other people made the same mistake. In fact 2nd, 3rd and 4th all ran too much. Next time, I'll double check with the officials but I was upset because I had pushed hard and had a good race. I finished 22 seconds behind 1st.

Results




No comments:

Post a Comment