Monday 25 May 2015

Virgin Money Giving Mini Marathon 2015

The start was much more more bearable than in previous years but it was still incredibly quick. People were pushing and shoving left right and center but luckily I got clear and was soon running with a clear road. Some people had started way too fast and I started picking people off as I found my pace. The middle mile wasn't pretty but the support of the crowds that early were amazing. I gave it everything in the last 800 meters and finished in a time of 16:32, improving about 2 minutes from my previous best the year before. I ended up coming 31st in the borough challenge, 2 and a half minutes behind winner Alex Yee who I train with at the London Triathlon Academy. I ended up top 100 overall so there is still plenty room for improvement but I've still got two more years in this age group so I look forward to coming back next year!

Results: http://results-2015.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/2015/minimarathon/?pid=list


No comments:

Post a Comment