Monday 25 May 2015

10th May 2015- Crystal Palace Triathlon

Swim:

7 lengths in the 50 meter swimming pool. Swim went well and I swam consistent splits. I didn't have to overtake anyone because I had the second fastest entry time and felt good going into transition.

Bike:

 I quickly found a good rhythm and cycled the first lap feeling very strong. About 700 meters into the 2nd lap, I suddenly veered off the road and crashed pretty hard. I got up immediately and checked if my bike was still ride-able. I loosened the brakes a bit and was on my way but I had lost precious time and lost my rhythm. I probably should have taken a better inspection of my bike because I spent the rest of the bike leg with my brakes rubbing.

Run:

I felt awful on the run. I was really struggling mostly because I had braced most of the impact from my crash on my knee. I tried as hard as I could on the run but felt completely rubbish because the more I pushed, the worse my knee became. I was very happy to finish and was met almost immediately by first aid. I ended up 7th in the youth category, just over 3 minutes behind 1st place.

Thank you to my sponsor Zone3 for providing my trisuit which didn't rip from my crash. Big thank you to the Jeremy Wilson Charitable Trust for financially supporting me and same goes for the Dave Aitchison Fund who also help me financially.

Results: http://www.stuweb.co.uk/race/Yd/









No comments:

Post a Comment