Monday 25 May 2015

29th March 2015- British Elite Duathlon Championships, Corby

Run 1:

After waiting for what seemed like an hour, we were set of for the run in the pouring rain. The pace was very quick and my ankle was killing me from my injury a couple of weeks prior so this didn't help. I didn't really settle into my rhythm and made it into transition slower than I had wanted to.

Bike:

Most of the strong cyclists were already gone and I couldn't bridge the gap. I steadily overtook some cyclists but couldn't catch the front pack. In the final lap of 3, I managed to cycle with one other person so we shared the load in the fierce wind. I came into transition 2 having gone up about 4-5 places.

Run 2:

My foot didn't hurt but my muscles were tired from my solo bike effort but I managed to drag myself over the last 1.25 km of the run and finished in a respectable 12th place, 1 minute and 35 seconds behind first.

As always, a big thanks to Zone3 for providing my trisuit and a big thanks to the Dave Aitchison Fund and the Jeremy Wilson Charitable Trust for supporting me financially.

Results: http://www.stuweb.co.uk/race/11K





No comments:

Post a Comment