Monday 25 May 2015


22nd March 2015- Windsor & Eton Winter Duathlon Series Race 3

Run 1:

As soon as the horn blew, I ran as fast as I could to position myself well in the field. After a couple of hundred meters, I was in a group of three. I knew the other guys in the group were going to run another lap after me because they were doing double my distance so I made sure I lead the group more frequently. I came into transition in 1st place.

Bike:

After mounting my bike and strapping my cycling shoes, I was off. I wanted to make the most of the bike because I wanted to see where I was physically and because I had had a foot injury for the last two weeks so I wasn't sure if I would be able to run off the bike. Despite unfavorable wind, I kept a high cadence and arrived in transition 2 having extended my lead.

Run 2:

I found my running legs with surprising ease and ran the rest of the race by myself, occasionally passing the odd age grouper who were doing the distance four times longer than mine so they were still on their first run. I finished the race and was very happy to start the season of with a win.

Sponsors: Big thank you to my sponsor Zone3 for supplying my trisuit and my financial aid sponsors Jeremy Wilson Charitable Trust and Dave Aitchison Fund for supporting me financially.





No comments:

Post a Comment